Monday, May 5, 2008

Mini Rant.... Scrap Stores

OK... So I do realize that this past Saturday was NSD (National Scrapbook Day) so I was attempting to stay away from all the stores and their sales..

Well I caved... ROFL

And I'm happy to report that most of the experience went well, downloads included. Now I did expect a bit of slowness thinking there would be a lot of traffic, using bandwidth, etc... but I really have to say.. when 4-shared is 100 times quicker for downloads on their slow day than this particular store... something is really wrong.

I'm not gonna name the store, although I'd love to. But I'll just say that they've lost any future purchases from me. I don't care what designers they have, or what awesome kits... I won't buy there because this is rediculous. I've been trying since last night to download the few kits I got..even left some downloading overnight. And then today I have to RE-DOWNLOAD again, as the files didn't finish or were corrupt.

Now, any store that has an average download speed of 11KB/sec...yes KB/sec and the zip files are over 70MB... this poses a problem. I have cable internet so I know it's not on my end. (that and other downloads have went perfectly.)

This store has crashed my PC.... aborted downloads in the middle... reset downloads.. you name it, it's happened. If I wanted slower-than-dialup speed... I'd have dial-up. I can only feel sorry for those that DO have dialup if they're trying to d/l these kits. So all I can say now is if you have a sweet tooth for scraps...find someplace with less sugar!

-------------------------------------

So that I end on a good note... I did find an awesome new scrap store, and their prices are very reasonable with really cute kits!

Scrap Orchard

3 comments:

OrMaggie77 said...

Good morning,it's your Auntie Marg,trying to get ahold of you.You can e-mail me at Ormaggie77@aol.com. You can contact Vince at Vincentvonduke@aol.com.

julie_tn said...

I gotcha now! I'm slow sometimes :)

Mystii said...

Yikes! I don't buy scraps often - in fact, I think I have twice. But any site that gave me the kind of experience you had would definitely make me stay away!